Saturday, May 10, 2008

5/10 Expressions

I just want to make a public service announcement - wear your seat belt always! My husband and I were heading to eat lunch at a fast food place yesterday afternoon, and a truck hit us on the passenger side (my side) as we were turning in. Most of my very minor injuries were cause by the safety devices - but, I am happy I had them. The air bag deployed and I believe practically knocked the wind out of me and I had ringing in my ears. My shoulder has some brusing - probably from the seat belt - but that is the extent of it. But, another reason to manage your money. Had I had no savings, I might have done things differently. I was unaware that the police now ask if you want to be transported to the hospital - uh - yes. The first thing the ambulance crew asked for - an insurance card. As did the hospital. Seems a bit heartless - but necessary I guess. The passenger in the truck that hit us said her knee hurt - but refused to go to the hospital. I am sure the ambulance ride will be atrocious in cost, and the emergency room treatment - but I am glad I was able to use those services without hesitation. I plan to write about the rest of the experience as it happens. What happens to my car - it was towed since the wheel area was damaged (undrivable) - and we were told by the insurance company to release it to their agent as soon as we can - it won't be until Monday. We were also told to tell the hospital to bill our car insurance and not our health insurance - so, we are working on getting that changed. The driver of the other vehicle called and apologized. Which was a nice gesture. I must say I feel a lot better today - although I still have muscle pain.

No comments: