Saturday, May 31, 2008

5/31 Expressions

We wanted to buy my daughter some summer clothes. We gave her a "budget". We all hopped in the car and headed to the mall. There was no crowd. Gas prices? Lack of consumer confidence? Any way, there were lots of sales. My husband headed to Starbucks with the $5 GC I got for free thru the mail. My daughter and I hit a store we had never been to - the "Wet Seal". They had a BOGO sale on their clearanced items. Being on a budget, my daughter found 4 shirts for the price of about 1.5 when it was all said and done. Then we headed to Sears as I had a $5 GC for them that I, again, got for free through the mail. She ended up getting a pair of Capri. She has well over 1/2 her "budget" left.

For cheap entertainment this afternoon, my daughter and two of her friends will be swimming at our community pool.

Dinner will be chicken salad sandwich and salad. I got a large box of fried chicken from Kroger last night that was clearanced at half price. We had some last night. The rest, I will remove the skin and bones and make the "salad". I picked some fresh lettuce from my "garden" this morning - the leaves are soaking in a bit of vinegar and water at the moment.

We had some guilt-free unfrugal moments today too. We had a nice lunch at Chee Burger Chee Burger and hit the bookstore.

No comments: