Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5/7 Expressions

Not much mail in the "hold" bin. But, I did get 2 rebate checks and a $5 GC for Starbucks from IZEA. This morning, I ran errands all in one circuituous (sp) route. The Post Office, then to the bank to deposit checks, then to the library to turn in books. I finished "Richistan". I would say I really didn't read much that was surprising. The main themes seemed to be: The "new rich" are different from the "old money". No matter how "rich" one is, they always think they need more - something like double what they already have to be "rich". "Rich" today, is probably around $10M. Yup, you read that right. I got gas and a few groceries at Wal-mart. Yup, every trip to the gas station lately brings a new "high" :( Then to CVS. I had the coupon for a free Adidas Deoderant from the All You magazine. "Paid" for it - tax only. Then used the ECB's ($4.99) toward the $7.49 price of Biore face clenser. With tax, $2.70. I am sending in the receipt for the Glamour offer - I saw it on the web somewhere - in hopes of getting my daughter a purse stuffed with samples - supposedly worth $8X. It is already in the mailbox ready to go. Then I went to Publix for a few more groceries. I had $32 worth of grocies with tax, and after coupons, spent $23. Plus, I will be mailing in a rebate for $9. I am also doing a big "bake" today. Those ripe bananas were starting to take up too much room - so, now they are banana/oat muffins - I used oats in place of the walnuts. I also baked some oatmeal and froze individual portions to take to work. The broccoli/brown rice casserole is for our side dish tonight and probably tomorrow too. A cheesecake, to use up some more of my free cream cheese, and 2 ham and cheese quiches for lunch. One for this week and one for the freezer for another week. Of course I am doing laundry, and other cleaning chores - saving the cost of maid. And later this evening, I will give my bangs a trim, and give myself a mani/pedi. I may even cut a few flowers - roses are blooming, irises have about had it, but a nice arrangement will bring the beautiful outdoors in :)

No comments: